Powerful Workforce Wellbeing Courses and Workshops
Humans Being’s practical workshops and courses help staff teams to get the best from themselves and each other. Evidence-based approaches empower staff to support others whilst making positive changes to their wellbeing.
Our trainers have decades of experience in the voluntary, health, and social care sectors and we regularly provide training for large healthcare providers, the NHS and Leeds City Council as well as informal community groups.
We can deliver online or in-person to suit your needs.
Peer Mentoring and Peer Support Skills
Enabling staff to support their peers can be hugely empowering and effective, unlocking hidden strengths and building confidence and skills.
Our sessions and programmes use tried-and-tested techniques for helping peer mentoring schemes run smoothly, building confidence, and looking after the wellbeing of participants.
We cover topics such as:
Mentally Healthy Workspaces
As individuals, we can all contribute to creating more mentally healthy workplaces by understanding how to manage and improve our own mental wellbeing, and of course, help each other to feel better about ourselves in our work environment.
- Stress management on the go. What’s filling up your ‘stress bucket’? We will help you identify your stress triggers and use simple and memorable techniques to get problems in proportion, focus on solutions and learn to accept what you can’t change.
- Using Mindfulness. It’s easy to get stuck in thoughts about the past and worries about the future. Practicing mindfulness can help us relax and feel energised by being in the moment. Our workshops include short tasters on how to practice mindfulness through listening, walking, stillness, and eating (chocolates included!)
- Appreciating yourself and those around you. When things go wrong we can often be our own worst critics, undermining our confidence and self-esteem. We help you to explore ways of finding ways to cultivate a more rational and compassionate way of looking at yourself and to start treating yourself like you would treat a good friend.
- Getting out of the gender box. Feeling pressure to be ‘the man’ or a ‘proper lady’ isn’t always good for our health. How do we move on and find a healthier way of behaving and being that’s true to ourselves? We can run workshops on this topic for single-gender or mixed groups.
Humans Being CIC is a signatory of the nationally-recognised Mindful Employers Charter.
We believe that it is the responsibility of employers to lead from the front on matters of workplace health and wellbeing.
Creating Strong Work Relationships
Relationships in the workplace have a huge impact on people’s sense of wellbeing, self-esteem, and motivation. Building positive relationships with colleagues can take work and know-how.
- Assertiveness at work. Is it possible to stand up for ourselves without falling out with people? We help you to understand the differences between being passive, aggressive, or assertive and use the ‘big ears and big mouth’ rule to approaching difficult situations with colleagues.
- Look Who’s Talking. This workshop focuses on gender, power, and conversation at work. On average, around 70% of the words spoken in workplace meetings are spoken by men. We pose the question of how we create a ‘listening workplace’ that hears and values contributions from all staff equally.
- Running effective and empowering meetings. The quality of everything we do depends on the quality of the thinking we do first. In turn, the quality of our thinking depends on the way we treat each other while we are thinking. Our workshop is based on Nancy Kline’s Ten Components of a Thinking Environment and looks at how to create meetings that motivate staff and generate high-quality independent thinking.